- A Pomeranian Trip to “The Country”
- How to Comfort a Barking Pomeranian
- A Pommy Mommy Rescue Story: Penny the Pommy
- Benefits of Using Apple Cider Vinegar With Your Pomeranian
- A Pommy Mommy Story: “Foxy & Bear Bear” Pomeranian Brothers!
- A Pommy Mommy Rescue Story “Bambi & Kurtis” Part 1
- The Great Pomeranian Escape
- A Big Pomeranian Happy Easter from Maggie, Yoki and Sophia
Play Time With Your Pomeranian
One night Yoki and Daddy were on the floor and Yoki decided it would be fun to play “tug of war” with dad’s shirt! This was her first official “play time” that she actually played with an object for more than 5 minutes. They ended up playing for over 45 minutes!
Other ways I teach “play” is to put a wrapping paper tube in front of a doorway that the girls have to cross over. The goal is for them to check it out by sniffing it first. Once they sniff it I praise them and give them a small treat. Once they jump or step over it they get rewarded again. By doing this activity with the wrapping paper it is stimulating the Pomeranian’s thinking process! This activity can also be done with a cardboard box. Just make sure the dog can’t walk around it. They must walk on it, then the next day open the box so it creates a tunnel. This way they are made to walk through it. Your Pomeranian may not understand this at first, make sure to help and encourage them through the process.
It’s so rewarding to be able to teach your dog something new that they enjoy. Play time is a great time for you and your Pomeranian to bond and have fun!